Saturday, August 11, 2012

CHANGE, WHY IS IT DIFFICULT?

CHANGE

Why is it so difficult?

As I work more with clients consistently, I find that I hear a lot of people tell me their goals, wants, and desires. As we create a plan for them to reach it they become excited to start on the journey of getting their life back by walking better, breathing better, lessening their medication dosage, losing weight, eating right, and all that goes along with being healthy. However, when the newness wears off and it becomes work, I find they forget WHY they started.

I never got to this point till I hit a plateau.  I had put work in and when I was down 40lbs, I couldn't lose any more weight.  I had been doing the same thing over and over and not getting results.  I knew I needed help.  The bottom line, weight loss can't be done on ones own.  You need to have a program, a plan, goals, accountability, and a way of getting there.  The change in workout routines will create muscle confusion and help you to achieve your goals.  This is where I fell fault to when I was trying to do everything on my own.  I honestly thought that I could keep doing the same amount of weight and eating the same as when I first started to lose weight.  It wasn't till my trainer described to me that the less I have to lose, the less drastic my weight loss will become.  However, the workouts had to be taken up a notch and the belt on my eating habits had to be tightened as well.  TRUTHFULLY, I HATED IT.  I didn't mind the change in the workout, it was nice.  However, when my diet had to change (MY COMFORT ZONE) and I had to start watching sugar, sodium, carb, and protein intake it frustrated me.  It wasn't my usual routine or my usual eating patterns.  I believe I even told the trainer, I couldn't do it.  He reassured me I could, and then told me to SUCK IT UP.  UGHHH!





So many times we view change as a bad thing, when in reality, it’s a good thing. Change means your stepping outside of your comfort zone. Change means you’re doing something that you don’t usually do. I get asked over and over “HOW DID YOU LOSE YOUR WEIGHT?” My response, I MADE A CHANGE! Clearly, what you’ve been doing isn’t working if you’ve been doing the same thing and not progressing.  I see people doing the same workout from a year ago and then they complain and want to quit because there are no results. You need to change things up!  IT'LL require EFFORT AND WORK.

So I ask you, WHY did you start? What are your goals? Are you even setting a goal for yourself? Give yourself more credit and put the work in. If you’re not willing to put the work in, then you don’t want your goals bad enough.  As always, my words come from my own personal experiences.  The picture below shows my enthusiasm toward making it in Oxygen Magazine for the 2nd time.  My ultimate goal in life is to bring Glory and Honor to God and I do so through encouraging others.  May you know you are loved.  Know that if you can dream it, willing to put the work in, you WILL achieve it.  Through the FIRE, comes CHARACTER.




be Blessed
A

No comments:

Post a Comment