Sunday, March 10, 2013

Kiss Fear Goodbye!

This morning I was reading a devotional on Fear from Joyce Meyer.  I find her writing very raw a real.  The lesson this time had to deal with fear.

Her opening statement had me hooked.  "Everything in life is a process in motion.  Without movement, advancement & progression, there is no life... God created us to be goal-oriented visionaries.  Without a vision, we become bored and hopeless."

Ah Ha!  That's it!  To fully enjoy life, you must have a positive outlook on life.  You have to be willing to open yourself up and move forward.  So what does that have to do with FITNESS?  EVERYTHING!

When i first stared my journey several years back, i tried the Atkins diet. I lost 40lbs, but then ended up gaining it all back. Why? because i never set a goal. My goal was just to lose weight and look hot. However, i couldn't stick with it because i didn't know how to progress from there. i reached my max of 226lbs my junior year in college and it took me seeing a picture of myself that i realized something had to change. We all have them!  We have moments of awakening where we finally realize we need to do something.  And in that moment, you can decide to keep doing what you've always done- or you can make a change!

I had always defined myself as the fat kid.  But when I finally took hold of myself, I gained a self respect for myself.  I decided that I was going to stop fearing the future and what I didn't have control over.  God has a plan for me.  There are days that I 'feel' like I'm getting nowhere, and then there are days I can SEE my progress.  And that is the key.  PROGRESSION.  We get caught up on the minimal things.  We forget that each day is a new day to better ourselves, that it's a process.  My goal each day, is to be better than I was yesterday.  Not to compare myself to this person or that person, but to dig deep within myself and make a healthier choice than I did the day before. 

I ask you, are you bettering yourself each day... or are you just going with the flow.  Consider, if you don't have goals as well as a plan of action, your backsliding.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Lady Alison,

    How easy to get caught up in the perfection trap, right? Thank you for the reminder that perfection is not the goal, progress is.

    His,

    Strong By Choice

    ReplyDelete