Saturday, March 31, 2012

9th Annual Run For Mercy 5K & 10K Walk-Run In one week from today, I'll be apart of one awesome race! Yes... Easter weekend I'll be headed to Shawnee, KS for a race to raise money for children infected/affected by the AIDs epidemic in South Africa. The idea behind this race is "Nobody Finishes Last" and I couldn't be more thrilled. Once being a 226lb individual, losing my weight, and then signing up to be apart of any race was terrifying! The scariest part was that I would come in last, which is why I put off signing up for any race. "Why sign up when I knew I'd come in last"? I didn't need my self esteem any lower! However, after my first race, I realized I didn't come in last and I loved every minute of every race I've ever done since then! But for those who are still scared... This race is for you! The campaign is "Nobody Finishes Last". You maybe ask how is that possible... Myself and another individual were asked to be apart of the race and to actually Finish Last. I couldn't be more honored to be apart of such an awesome event. It encourages everyone to be apart of more then a race, but more of what God is doing. It demonstrates exactly what God has called us to do and that is to LOVE each other. Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' – Matthew 22:37-39 By coming together to encourage each other at this race and raise money for children fallen victim to AIDs, we will be honoring Him! I will gladly come in last to know Him children will be encouraged by our efforts. If you want to know more about possibly running this race, praying for our efforts, donating, or just the efforts of Oceans Of Mercy ministry please check out the following: Www.oceansofmercy.com/events/run-for-mercy.html Facebook.com/RunForMercy Twitter.com/RunForMercy Pinterest.com/RunForMercy Please keep myself and all those participating next Saturday in your prayers! BeBlessed

No comments:

Post a Comment