Sunday, May 3, 2015

Brokenness

These last couple of weeks I look back and think where did January go. Seemed like everyone was just making New Years goals. Now we're headed into the first full week of May and I've thought about my own personal goals as well as others who had made a New Years resolution.

What's the difference between my fitness goals and others who made a New Years Resolution?

Brokenness & Humbleness are the two words that come to mind.

So many times I have people ask me, "What keeps you motivated?"

Honestly, My brokenness. At one point in time, I stood in front of mirror cursing myself, telling myself how fat and ugly I was. I was once complaining about it to my dad. How I just wanted to look like all the other girls. He said, well what are you going to do?! "Ugh! I don't know, this isn't my fault!" Mmmm hmmmm... Being 5'4 and 230 pounds wasn't my fault? I had to take another look in the mirror and ask myself what I was going to do about my issue. All my life it was everyone else's fault that I was over weight but my own fault. I asked myself, "Are you going to continue to be a victim of this box you continue to put yourself in?"

That's where my journey started. A PLAN OF ACTION.
My brokenness lead me towards creating a plan. I began educating myself on diet and nutrition- no more TV gimmicks or weight loss pills. My brokenness lead me to finding a personal trainer to teach and guide me on a healthier lifestyle path. My brokenness lead me to not accepting or making excuses to get out of a workout. No more "I'm tired" or "I don't have time".

I realized that I truly was in charge. And so many times I hear people tell me I don't have time or money or whatever. I'm no money bags over here with all my student loans. I work more than 40 hours a week and HAVE to make time. We ALL can talk ourselves out of why we can't do something. But my question is why? Maybe you haven't reached a point of breaking? ...That point where you want something so bad that you stop giving up. I don't know what goes through your head. But mine went from a pity party to a plan of action. Not every day is the VERY BEST. But every day can be better. Nobody is PERFECT, but we can work on being a better version of ourselves each day.

If you've started and feel like you've failed, today is a new day. Stop quitting. Believe in yourself. Surround yourself with people who believe and encourage you. And lastly, never be afraid to ask for help.

Be Blessed








No comments:

Post a Comment