Wednesday, March 25, 2015

CAN DO vs. CAN'T

Just the other day I was outside of the gym and met an individual I hadn't met before. I introduced myself and the response wasn't the typical.

The woman said, "Oh, your the famous trainer to all the stars!"

Her response caught me off guard. Yea, I think the world of my clients- they're all stars to me. I couldn't help but to laugh. She wanted to know how I became a trainer and why. I gave a brief little synopsis as well as explained the wide variety of clients I train. I explained that I have a wide variety of clients of all ages, weight loss, weight gain, specific training, nutrition, male and females, moms and dads, expectant mothers, people with various careers- but the one thing they all have in common is the desire be a better version of themselves.

It got me thinking though. I've had the opportunity to work with some clients with some serious life challenges. I've worked with clients who have had cancer, have had a heart attack or stroke, been in severe accidents, as well as individuals who have had some very big surgeries that I was able to help be apart of their rehab.

So what's the lesson? The lesson come from those who have faced struggle. Many times I'll start with a new person who basically is healthy, they just need to move more and eat less processed foods- maybe drop some weight. Sure, that can be hard because breaking bad habits is difficult- But when I start a client who has just had a major surgery, they don't look at me and tell me everything they can't do. The person trusts me to be educated and to train them effectively. The person wants me to understand WHERE they have been, but they want me to guide them and show them what they CAN do. They count on me to have a starting point for them, but also provide them progressive steps and education for their future. I take away from these superstar clients of mine, It's about what they CAN DO, not about what they CAN'T do.

I'm almost positive that we can all stand in front of the bathroom mirror and tell ourselves everything we aren't, but my question is can we stand in front of the mirror and look at the positives? Can we wake up and be thankful we are blessed to see another day? It's easy to get caught up in the negative of what we are not. But look at the positive... WE MAKE THE CHOICE OF:

Who we are
What we are about
What we can offer others
How we can encourage others
How we can HELP others
WE CREATE US.

Yes, I get it, we all have bad days. But I encourage and challenge you to not look at your bad days as a complete waste. Take those so called 'bad days' and find the positives. Find the positive even if means encouraging someone else. I encourage you to be the person that you wish to see and interact with each day.

BeBlessed
A







No comments:

Post a Comment