Sunday, May 15, 2016

Never Doubt Yourself




This weekend has been a whirlwind of events. I worked a busy week to fit everyone in before I left town to support my friend compete in her first bikini competition. I must say that every single time I go to a bodybuilding competition I leave more encouraged and excited to get back to the gym. There's something about being around individuals who desire to take their level of fitness to a whole other level and compete.

When I first met Chania one of the first conversations we had was about her desire to compete. We talked about it several times. One day I told her about a place she could check out suits and the next thing I knew, she had ordered one. She's a gal who knows what she wants and goes full force after it and she felt this was what she wanted to do to take her fitness to the next level. After having her suit for a few weeks and no Coach, she was inspired by a show she went to in Texas and decided she was doing the NPC Midway Show in Wichita. She linked up with Anthony Sullivan and began putting in the work she needed to for the stage.

It was cool to see this girl transform not only physically, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.
So many times in life things get tough and we back away. We don't embrace the challenge or the struggle. We look for an easy way out instead of facing the challenge and growing from it. I saw Chania's ups and downs through her prep. I saw her doubt herself from time to time, but the girl never quit. She showed up the day of her competition and brought the best version of herself and there's something to be said about that. She looked beautiful and all her hard work definitely showed.

However, with all her glitz and glam from the weekend, here's the one thing I admire most about this girl. Her faith. As Chania was leaving for the evening show, she grabbed her bible and journal and walked out the door with all her things she needed for the evening show. I helped her with her suit when I got in the door and then during the final show before she went up on stage I got this text from her, 

"Do you ever get down on yourself and think you don't have any skills to offer? It's not true, God has given you many skills. Thinking you don't have anything skills is not humility, instead you fail to correctly see your blessings given to you by God. We even devalue our skills when we compare ourselves to others and wish we had their skills. Those thoughts are not complimenting towards God either. God has given skills to everyone and by embracing them we can truly use our skills to worship God." Referencing Exodus 31:6

I think that scripture and devotional is one so many of us can relate to. Whether it's us feeling worthy enough for a certain job or task, doubting our abilities, or bringing your best package to the stage. We can't allow fear or unworthiness hold us back. God have given each of us talents and abilities to own. I don't think that devotional was just for Chania, I truly believe it was for me and you. To know that those God given talents and abilities are His blessings to us. So if you were needing permission, go ahead and start owning them blessings your were given. Don't waste let them waste away. And if there's a dream and goal you have in mind, don't let anyone tell you it's impossible. Just start, put in the work, keep God first, and let Him bless you.

To all the competitors from this last weekend and those who will competing, continue doing your thing. Never doubt yourself. Focus on the task, put in the work, and continue to create the best version of yourself that you can. You Vs You.



No comments:

Post a Comment