Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Eating=Success

My Protein Bars! Recipe Below!

^^^I know everyone has been asking for the protein bar recipe and so I have included it below^^^
90lbs down and I still say eating is the key to my weight loss!  Eating right has so many different dynamics.  I say this because my body isn’t like your body!  Your body isn’t like anyone else’s body.  We consume and digest things differently and honestly, I wish there was just a set “Eat & Don’t” eat for everyone.  However, there isn’t.
As for my diet, recently I was talking to a good friend about what I eat.  I explained that I eat several SMALL meals or snacks in a day.  I eat every 2.5-3 hours and it consists of protein (eggs, fish, and chicken), fruit, veggies (no dressings), whole grains (CliffBars & Kashi cereal), and dairy (Greek yogurt & fat free cottage cheese).  This has been my diet for the last 2 years.
THEN EVERYTHING came to a halt!  This last Thursday I went to a reflexologist and nutritionist who recommended me to take the next 6 weeks off from dairy and grain so she could test me for food allergies.  Like I’ve mentioned before, I have hypothyroidism and I easily gain weight.  The nutritionist thinks that my last 15lbs could come off easily if I removed these two things from my diet.  However, I’ve had my meals planned the same every day for the last 2 years.  My meals are measured out, the exact times for when I eat are clocked, and I’ve had success.  But success has diminished.  I’ve gotten stronger, but my weight and measurements have platued.  This is the whole reason for visiting with a reflexologist and nutritionist.  They take a look at what you’re consuming and analyze your body specifically.  They decide what your body needs and what it doesn’t need. And sadly, what my body doesn’t need; dairy and grain!

But, all of the sudden I don’t know what to eat!  Changing jobs in the last month and diet has left me feeling a bit up in arms and stressed!  I decided to ask my Twitter family for help and guidance.  I got an awesome response from amazing women who had the same struggle and sought out answers.  They were very willing to guide me along and I’m so thankful for our conversations.  They advised and we discussed meal plans and ideal foods for busy lifestyles.  I’ve made note that my success will all come down to preparation.
For me to have a successful diet, I must take the time to prepare my meals ahead of time.  I can’t be lazy and allow myself to get hungry.  I need to continue to eat every 2.5-3 hours and eat lean protein, fruits, and veggies.  Sugar, has always been reduced.  I also got rid of my Almond milk and moved to FlaxMilk.  It taste wonderful and I highly recommend it!
Lastly, for my protein/grain craving: I started making my own protein bars.  So many of you have asked for it and so here is what I did.
I took 2 bags of dates and threw them in a food processor.
Mixed in  ½ C molasses  
Added: 1 bag each of organic chopped almonds, walnuts, and pecans.
Added: 1 bag organic dark choc chips for some sweetness
Mix all together by spoon or hand.  Place in pan.  Bake @ 350 for 15 minutes.  Then let cool.
You can also add craisens, raisens, different nuts, or take out what you don’t enjoy.
Cut into bars and place in baggies for easy grabs!  Keep in refrigerator. 
Confession:  I still want my grains!  Grains are literally my favorite go to food.  But that’s because grains are my comfort food.  Grains are what got me 100+ pounds overweight.  So even though I WANT them, I’m taking this challenge and confessing that I’m going to stay strong these next 6 weeks and stay away from them. 
This week’s SUCCESS: admitting I needed guidance on my diet.  It’s okay to ask for help.  My diet needed tweeking and I’m looking forward to keeping everyone up to date on my diet.
Your Challenge:  evaluate daily diet.  Is there something that is holding your back?  Something you can’t let go?  If so, I challenge you in saying is it helping or harming your body?  If it’s not helping, let’s find a replacement so we can help your body instead of harm.
BeBlessed
Doing #BCx BootCamp with Bonnie Pfiester's online training!


This is what Bonnie's BCx will make you do-->> SWEAT! lol

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment