Monday, August 22, 2011

Evaluating&New Goals


 Before & Current Pictures Featured Below!


I look back at my current success of losing 90lbs.
I've been featured at a Nike Women's Spot Light, featured on Complete Nutrition's Website for my blog and a clip about their products I've used, and even in Oxygen Magazine as a success story on how I changed my eating habits.

But where do I go from here?  I haven't written a blog in 2 weeks because I've been stuck in a rut.  I'm not sure what I want to do next.  I started this journey just wanting to get fit, but I accomplished way more than that.  I learned about myself in the process.  The things I THOUGHT I could NEVER do, I did.  Who would have thought at one time my 226 lb body would run the Oklahoma Memorial 1/2 Marathon in 2:04?  Who would have thought that I would have a certification in Cycling? Never me!

What am I getting at here?  Our OWN MENTAL LIMITATIONS!  For so many years I didn't love myself enough to challenge myself.  I told myself I couldn't and so I accomplished little.  NOW days... I LIVE off of challenges.  However, I've fallen into a slump!  What is my next challenge?  What am I working for next?  Am I training for something?  Currently, no.  I don't have a big race coming up.  I don't have a goal to meet.  I don't have something that I'm working for with all of my effort. My training has been consistent, but I haven't been pushing myself.  SO... this last week I did some evaluating. 

I asked myself this question:  What am I weakest at?
Answer: my stubborn belly weight & my spiritual walk with Christ.

I decided the two needed to be revamped.  I decided that I needed to suck it up and get serious.  I need to log every ounce of food I eat.  I need to measure EVERYTHING I eat.  And I need to push myself harder in my workouts.  But none of this can be accomplished if my MIND isn't right.  I need to train my mind and soul as hard as I train my body.  Which is why I'm committing myself to 90 days (lead up to Christmas season) to get myself right in mind, body, and soul. 

I've started a food journal in the same journal as my prayer/devotional journal.  I feel the two strongly go hand in hand.  My goal for the next 90 days is to train not just my body.  This gives me a goal, which is EXACTLY what I need.  I'm not focusing on weight, but my actions.  I know that if my actions are consistent, my results will be consistent.

My success this week: re-evaluating my mind, body, and soul
Your challenge this week: evaluate your weakness and set a plan to train so that your weakness become your strengths.

*************************************
What actions are you willing to take to achieve greatness?  I know you have it in you, but do YOU know the greatness that lies within you?

BeBlessed
-A
Currently...

Currently...
In May 2011

3 comments:

  1. Great post. I find myself falling into slumps and have over the course of my fat loss journey. (13yrs)
    I have found that I always need a goal or a challenge in front of me or I get "stagnant" and like you one I need to focus more on my faith. Been reading Ryan Hall's book and he journals daily his walk as well has his training. Probably something that I should do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you look amazing! I'm also challenging myself to a 30 things before I'm 30 list. They're not all fitness / health related but it's all of those things that I've thought "why haven't I ever done that?" "what has stopped me?" I'm the only person stopping me achieve what I want to do, and now I plan to do it all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hunny! I hear everything you're saying! I'm actually embraking on a 90 day journey myself. I'll definitely be popping over here to see how you're doing. It feels good to know someone else is on a similar journey. I am the exact same way; the second I no longer have a goal, my motivation goes ka-put! My official start day is tomorrow. New month, new start. I agree, mind, body, and soul are so intertwined and if one is off track, they typically all fall of track, at least in my life. Good luck. i have no doubt you will reach this goal with flying colors! :)

    ReplyDelete