Sunday, December 2, 2012

I run this race called life not to be first, but to be of an encouragement.

Philippians 3:13-14
"No Dear Brothers and Sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing.  Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus is calling us."

As I look over these last few weeks, I'm really impressed with myself jumping in and running two 5k races all within a one week span.  The first one I ended up placing 3rd in and I thought I had done horrible.  The second race, I just wanted to beat my previous time.  And I did! 

I know I'm not an Olympian, however, I love to run!  This past week after my second race I was driving to Thanksgiving dinner and the endorphins were still rushing through my body from the AM run.  I began to remember back to my first 1/2 marathon I had prepped for.  The training was so difficult and my toes were black and blue the majority of the time.  I said I'd never run again because I hated it so much.  But the more training I've done, lost weight, and muscled up, the more fun running has become.  No matter if the race is in rain & sleet like the 1/2 marathon in Oklahoma City, OK or if it's just outside on a beautiful day, I really enjoy the time because I'm able to find peace in it.

What do I think about when I run?  EVERYTHING!
I strap on my Ipod and zone in to my past week.  I use the time running to self analyze what went well and what didn't.  I think about what I had control over and what I didn't and think of a plan to better myself and others the upcoming week.  I also use the time to pray.  It's really hard to think about my legs and hips and lungs all burning and so forth... but I tell myself to relax and breathe. My mantra is "DON'T STOP"!

Self Analyzing... WHY STOP RUNNING?  The Oklahoma City 1/2 and Full Marathon will be this spring once again.  I have decided that I need to run it.  The race took my breath away the first time (in a good way) and I desire to do it again.  I need something in front of me, a goal to push towards.  My ultimate goal in life is to be fit and healthy and inspire others to do the same.  That is why I continue like the above verse I came across in Philippians.  I run this race called life not to be first, but to be of an encouragement.  No matter if I impact 1 person or several, I live for an audience of one and I desire to please him.  Granted, I mess up a whole lot, but I don't allow that to be an excuse.  I continue to push on.

What have you given up on?  Who have you given up on?  Are you still in this race?  I present these questions because they need to be addressed.  When we live for others or ourselves, we get lost.  Take a look at your life and see what changes need to be made.

BeBlessed
A


No comments:

Post a Comment