Sunday, July 21, 2013

Challenges

What is a challenge?
When I looked up synonyms for the word I found:

interrogation, summons to contest, confrontation, dare, defiance, demanding, demur, objection, protest, provocation, test, threat, trial.



Nobody LOVES when challenges or trials come up in life, but when you've made it through, you look back and realize that it made you better. I can remember so many trials from having a hard time in school, to deaths in the family, to relationship problems, to jobs issues. All those challenges caused me to squirm because I hate confrontation. I hate when life gets tough and I have to dig deep. I hate trying to figure out problems and frankly, I just want everyone to be happy. But just like wood must be sanded with rough sand paper, so must I.



Philippians 3:13 says, "No, dear brother and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus is calling us".

I've gotten to the point now in my life where I expect challenges. I love the quote, "Expect Problems, Eat them for breakfast" because it's true. It's how I see life. I'm not going to sit around and mope anymore. I'm going to make the best out of each and every situation. I'm going to look at how I can grow from the experience and honor God in the process of being shaped into the person He desires me to be.

And the same goes with being fit and healthy. When I first started working out and eating clean, it was uncomfortable. That's why weight loss is hard! It's challenging. But then you grow to enjoy the challenge because that's when you see progress! And so with that mentality, I decided to step outside my comfort zone once again and go train with a trainer in Wichita for the day.



I hadn't officially met Lacey before, but I had heard several individual speak highly of her. I felt like my training had gotten a little lax and I needed to kick up my intensity. So yes, I asked to get my butt kicked! I asked Lacey to train me this last Saturday. And as I sit here typing, I ponder how the heck I'm going to teach spin Monday night. I have muscles that are sore that I don't think I've ever felt! I won't lie, it was TOUGH! But as I was trying to finish each set and rep to the best of my ability with the best form, I kept telling myself that this butt kicking will make me better. And it has already! As I look at this next weeks worth of workouts, I realize I have some pushing of myself to do. I have to step outside my Comfort Zone. Nobody ever achieve greatness by staying in the lines. 



This last weeks success was about getting pushed. This coming week, it's about pushing myself at the same intensity. No Excuses, ONLY RESULTS.

#BeBlessed
A


1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete