Sunday, July 28, 2013

Story of #Success "Doll-A-Tude" Style

I don't feature very many people on my blog because my purpose of my blog. My blog is called Success in Various Forms because as I began my journey toward being healthy, I realized I was being too hard on myself. I would look at each day as "not being good enough". I would fall asleep after laying there and ridiculing myself for not working hard enough, for not following my meal plan, for not getting up earlier to get an extra workout in, and the list goes on. But then God brought to my attention that by constantly reminding myself of how bad I was, I start looking at how far I had come. I realized I needed to turn my focus from constantly being negative, to being positive and encouraging. That's the reason for my blog, Twitter, and Instagram. Of course I fail, I'm not perfect, but my focus stays on God so that I can look at each days SUCCESSES & BLESSINGS.




I met Tenika Joyner via Twitter and Instagram. I love her attitude of encouragement and positivity. After leaning more about her I was greatly impressed. We share a similar story that I will let you read below. But the biggest thing I love about this chick is her passion for Christ and love for others. If your don't know her, read on and get to know her! May God be Honored and Glorified and others be encouraged, inspired, and empowered! 




Hello, I am Tenika Joyner, creator of the Doll~A~Tude Fit Life Brand. Fitness/health is my passion and helping others find their inner fit sexy beast is my purpose!! I was raised in a very health-conscious family. As a young child I participated in gymnastics, acrobatics, jazz, tap, and ballet. In high school I played volleyball and tennis. Going to college didn’t stop me, I attached myself to every intramural sport I could like beach and indoor volleyball, softball, flag football, and tennis. So a healthy lifestyle was never foreign to me.

My senior year of college and following graduation I became very inactive. The pressures of working long hours took over my life. Before I knew it my 5’5” frame had reached  360 pounds. While at this weight I suffered from asthma, many times going to the hospital 2 to 3 times per week to receive a breathing treatment and oxygen, let’s just say I had a relationship with the nurses and doctors. I didn’t have to go through triage, they saw me coming and knew what I needed. So sad!

 

I decided to move back to my home state of NC from TN. Leaving work one night in November, I had an asthma attack that almost took my life. This experience became my “Awakening Moment” to what I now call my “Inner Doll”. This experience changed my career path which lead to my creation the Doll~A~Tude Fit Life!!! Every woman has that inner Doll inside of her and my mission is to help every woman I can to find her and embrace her.


Q: Do you have a personal trainer?

A: Everyone says they have the best personal trainer, but my trainer is really the best. Strawn Wilson of Wilson’s Training in North Carolina helped me to get fit. He encourages and motivates me to push myself past physical boundaries, I have become limitless. I have now lost 192 pounds, and am reshaping my body to Lean, Sexy, Strong Curves…and this guy is the one that is helping me do it one rep at a time. He is now working with me on my next chapter: Getting STAGE READY and becoming a Fitness Model!!! NPC World here I come!

 



Q: Do you have an account ability partner?

A: Accountability Partners are so important during a fitness journey. You will have good days and bad days, you need that motivation and encouragement on both. My Dollz motivate me daily to be the best I can be. Daily I receive a text, email, or a word saying how I have inspired them and continuously inspire them I will NEVER let them down! Then I have ladies such as Alison Hager aka FitNOTskinny & Tanya Bunch aka Latin Diva by who are real women who are taking this industry by storm who hold me accountable daily sometimes not knowing it. My biz team also keeps me focused.

 

Q: What have you learned from training?

A: I have learned much from training, exercise, and eating right. Training and exercise is mind over matter, if I think I can do it, I simply will. Eating right is simple, nothing taste as good as being fit feels.

 

My Favorite Workouts: ZumbaBollywoodBellydance (instructor), Hula, and Stairmaster for Cardio. I love Leg Days and Killer Ab Sessions, and of course Squats, Squats, and more Squats!!!



 

My Favorite Healthy Meal: Hawaiian Shrimp Tacos w/ mango corn salsa!

 

Q: What have you gained from training?

A: I have gained much from loosing weight. I know who I am and what I want from life. I have gained a healthy, bright, and successful future. I haveTenika back and she is ready to share her brand with the nation, to help others gain their life back and start their fitness journey’s.

 

Q: Did you lose any friends with changing your lifestyle?

A: Some people are meant for a season, while others are meant for a lifetime. I did lose some friends, but I gained so much more.

 

Q: Did anyone believe you couldn’t do it?

A: Well of course, but that pushed me harder. Tell me I can’t and I will and I will excel at it greatly.

 

Do you have any FitTips: DON’T STOP!!!  Push through the sweat, tears, and pain. The sweat is sexy, the tears are passion, and the pain is well worth the results.

 

Q: What has been your mindset through your growth?

A: During my journey my mindset had to change. I am my worst critic. When I encounter a challenging workout I don’t give up or beat myself up, I mentally “Doll Up” and figure out a strategy to get the job done.

 



Favorite Workout Clothes: I Love Nike!! But my favorite workout gear is of course my up-coming brand Tastee, a division of DollATude Fit Life! During a workout I want to feel stylish, sexy while being comfortable. I am a fit curvy Doll, and my workout clothes have to appreciate that. I like to layer with bold prints and neutrals.

 

Favorite Color: PINK!!!!



 

My specialty is Healthy Meal Planning & Prepping. I am the FitGourmetTo Go!! I create custom meal and exercise plans, and for locals I prepare and deliver meals. I am a foodie, I love to challenge the taste buds by taking some of those traditionally bad foods and turning them into healthy eats, and I have become successful at it. My meal preparation and plans range in clientele: NPC physic competitors & body builders, those interested in weight-loss, and the client who doesn’t like to cook or needs guidance in cooking healthy.

I have recently started catering intimate events as well.

I would love to chat with you or help you reach your goals contact me:

SugarDollz28@gmail.com

Instagram: @DollATude_Fit_Life

Twitter: @TenikaJoyner

FacebookTenika Joyner (SugarFitness)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment