Sunday, March 30, 2014

Beast Cookies

Diet, a term used negatively typically meaning cutting calories and going without cookies, candies, and/or fast food. However, diet is actually a noun meaning "the kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats".

With that said, let me ask you what does your diet look like? Are you person who doesn't care? Or do you automatically know your a carb lover? So many of us have our thing. Some people, love meat. Some people don't even know GREEN veggies exits! Bottom line, to get healthy, one needs to start by incorporating fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein, and less processed foods. I don't want to get into the debate of whether or not carbs are bad, but I do believe that one needs to find a healthy balance.

Typical Excuses I hear it all the time when it comes down to eating health-IER...
1. No Time
2. Too Hard
3. Too Expensive
4. I don't know how
5. My kids won't eat it

Here's my response,
1. We all have the same 24 hours, if it's important to you, you'll find a way.
2. If you plan and stay dedicated to your goals, it becomes easier.
3. Plan and prepare your meals, it ACUTALLY saves you money.
4. Google it. I know most of you spend 80% of your day online on facebook, pinterest, instagram, google... WHEREVER! Start searching recipes and find recipes that are easy. You can literally type into google "healthy easy meals" and a ton of different recipes will pop up.
5. Lastly, will your kids eat cookies? Sure! Because you like cookies and you introduced them too them right? My advice, introduce them to healthy eating. Be as excited about them eating healthy as you are to give them fast food. Start by showing some excitement towards becoming a healthier you.

The following recipe is a recipe that I found on Bodybuilding.com. I used the Oatmeal Raisin Protein from Complete Nutrition and they literally taste like Oatmeal cookies. These are the find of recipes that you can whip up on a Sunday for yourself, husband, and kids throughout the week. Leave the highly processed foods at the store and get in the kitchen. No baking and these literally took me 20 minutes max! I made two kinds, half I used raisins, other half I used dark chocolate chips. Awesome afternoon snack. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Peanut Butter Protein Beast Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 C. All Natural Peanut Butter
3 Tb Sp Raisins
2 Tb Sp Unsalted Almonds
1/8 ts sp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/2 C Whey Protein (I use Complete Nutrition's Lean and Lite Oatmeal Raisin)

Directions
Combine all the ingredients in bowl and kneed together
Shape into balls or bars, let sit in fridge or freezer for 2-4 hours.







No comments:

Post a Comment