Monday, December 25, 2017

I'm Back & Educating!

To be completely honest, this last year got away from me. My last blog was a year ago in January and I truly just stopped. I would like to say, "I was too busy to blog" but reality is, it wasn't a priority. I desire to get back to it because writing because writing has always been an outlet for me. Grammar mistakes and all, I'm going to bring in 2018 better than I did in 2017. I determined and more focus to bring my readers more food for thought as I continue to grow deeper in knowledge when it comes to exercise, nutrition, and life. I refuse to become stagnant in my growth.


So before I begin to start with the New Years this and that, I want to take a step back and look at my year in a whole. I started of January with good hopes of all these fitness related goals, but sadly enough, sickness took hold of my body.
I found myself starting January of 2017 strong with getting the flu.
Week later I got bronchitis and laryngitis.
Two weeks later I got strep throat.
Got bronchitis and laryngitis and second time.
Got a sinus infection shortly after and then each month with my monthly cycle got a 24-48 hour headache that turned into migraine.

I continued to push forward and run, I was training for two half marathons and my goal was to run my 5th half marathon by my 30th Birthday. But by the time July came around I was exhausted, low on energy, starving all the time, and not sleeping. My doctor did my blood work and my vitamin C and Iron was really low. My thyroid was low and we had to increase my medicine and I honestly was drinking 2-3 sugar free energy drinks a day.

Lets be real, I was a hot mess. I knew I needed to make a change and wasn't sure where to begin. I reached out to a Juice Plus educator, and started a Whole Food based regimen. Since the change in July, I honestly haven't felt better. I removed a lot of  "dieting" myths from my life and I guess I removed a lot of expectations that I've put onto myself.

Biggest change I've made is removing sugar from my diet and have been dabbling with fasting. I would recommend the book Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung. Many take away lessons and when you know the WHY behind what you're doing, it makes the desire to follow through greater. I haven't had a migraine since I've made my nutritional changes and I'm sleeping through the night. I had previously been waking up in night sweats and barely getting any sleep. It's the worst feeling to be so tired yet not able to sleep. Feeling like crap and being into fitness, I knew I needed to make some changes. I was being a poor example of health and fitness by driving myself into the ground.

Moving forward into 2018, I plan to continue to grow in my knowledge and help others grow healthier. I partnered with Juice Plus to help educate others on the importance of Whole Foods based Nutrition. I truly believe the key to FEELING better and reducing yours and your families sick days starts with what we are putting into our bodies. Education is the key. If you desire to be plugged in and grow deeper in knowledge so you can begin feeling better and getting healthier, message me so I can get you plugged in.

No comments:

Post a Comment